Travel to Greece:
As of August 27, 2021, all travelers arriving in Greece:
Residents from all countries are required to stay in 7-day quarantine apart from:
Residents of the European Union, Schengen Countries, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, the United Arab Emirates, Serbia, Albania, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahrein, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Canada, China, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kosovo1, Kuwait, Lebanon, Moldova, Montenergro, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Qatar, the Russian Federation2, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Ukraine.
Requirements for travel:
- Need to submit a Passenger Locator Form (PLF)
- Must ensure that they carry an acceptable form of certification of their health condition. Acceptable documents include:
- a negative Covid-19 test result (PCR) performed up to 72 hours before arrival.
- or a negative antigen (rapid) test result from a laboratory; the test must be taken up to 48 hours before entry.
- or have performed both doses of a COVID vaccine and they carry certification of proof issued at least 14 days before their arrival.
- Acceptable vaccines are: Pfizer BioNtech, Moderna, Astra Zeneca/Oxford, Novavax, Johnson + Johnson/Janssen, Sinovac Biotech, Gamaleya (Sputnik), Cansino Biologics, Sinopharm among others.
- or a certificate of recovery from the SARS-CoV-2 virus infection issued by a public authority or a certified laboratory 30 days after testing positive (valid for 180 days).
- Must carry with them (in digital or hard-copy form) the EU Digital COVID-19 Certificate (dilosi.services.gov.gr/templates/DCC-PLF/create)
- Random rapid testing will be performed to international travelers following the already imposed guidelines.
ℹ️ Please confirm with your airline company the above requirements, as things may differ by the time of your flight.
Non vaccinated residents of: Egypt, Albania, Argentina, Russia, Bulgaria, Brazil, Georgia, Cuba, United Arab Emirates, India, China, Libya, Morocco, North Macedonia, Pakistan, Turkey, regardless of their citizenship, will be subject to obligatory testing upon arrival. If the rapid test is positive than a PCR test will be required.
During your stay in Greece:
- The use of a face mask is no longer required outdoors. However, face masks must still be worn in crowded spaces, regardless of whether they are indoors or outdoors.
- Restaurants have opened and are also available for takeaways and deliveries. Indoor seating is only permitted to vaccinated individuals.
Returning to your home country:
- Please make sure that you are aware of the requirements your home country has in order to return. Many countries may have measures such as the completion of a PLF form or COVID PCR testing prior to arrival.
- Greek citizens are required to complete the Greek PLF form even when departing from Greece to another destination.
From Land borders:
- Please contact directly the specific entry point as regulations change constantly.
1 This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence
2 For the Russian Federation, from 30/06 passengers must carry a negative PCR molecular test result from a testing laboratory taken up to 72 hours before arrival, or a negative antigen (rapid) test result taken up to 48 hours before arrival regardless if they are vaccinated or not.